Yes, you need to be connected to the internet to utilise the app.
Mindspa works both on wi-fi and on 3G/4G/5G mobile operator connections.
Frequent user feedbacks were collected during the development of the app.
The initial stage of creations dates back to 2018, when our team of psychologists researched ways to increase the reach of professional treatment in an affordable and convenient format for the users. A number of formats were tested, including webinars, handbooks, etc. Finally, a psycho-educational format with a stepwise process was tested, which received great feedbacks from users and saw attendees growing each month.
After that, we conducted surveys about users’ preferences regarding new features to develop, to complement our mental wellbeing app.
Once the application MVP was prototyped, we shared it with users and surveyed them once again about color schemes, design styles, usability and other topics. One month after the launch of the beta version of the app, we conducted an acceptability study and sent out a survey to our 10,000 early users. The responders expressed extremely positive reviews, with a 99% rate of users who would recommend the app to friends and family.
Users are the main drive of our future development as well. We continue to conduct surveys on next features to develop (i.e. meditation, guided journeys, etc) in order to improve the app.
Mindspa is a multilanguage tool, currently available in English, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Japanese. More languages will be added in the future.
Currently, the app offers the following features:
- a “Feed” section, with new articles uploaded daily;
- a “Diary” section, which serves a self-care journal and includes some key stats;
- a “Psychosutra” section, which is a bank of coping-skills exercises, divided by feelings;
- a “Courses” section, our core feature;
- a “Tests” sections, for initial and simplified self-diagnostic ;
- an “Emergency” chatbot, which is designed to help users in a moment of crisis.
Please note that Mindspa is not and should not be used as a medical device or in place of professional medical advice. The app helps guide you and is to be used as a tool for self-growth. It should not be used as an exclusive diagnostic or therapeutic tool.
All information on our apps and website has been created as an educational resource and should not be used as a substitute for proper and personalized professional medical advice or be used to make decisions about your health. Mindspa cannot answer any medical queries either through the apps or via email or any other means.
Our psycho-educational courses have been created by our team of psychologists specialized in various disciplines.
They combines different treatment techniques, including CBT and Gestalt therapy, and are structured into multiple sections, educating users on the topic, giving actionable tips on how to consciously understand needs and emotions, and how to actively take control of their behavior.
By following the courses, users will receive one new lesson each day. This stepwise approach is specifically designed to avoid overwhelming the patients, so that changes and improvements can be gradual and more effective. Furthermore, throughout the duration of the courses, users will also receive daily assignments – a form of encouragement to put in practice what is being learned, so that healthy new habits can be formed.
Mindspa utilizes various therapeutic techniques to help you manage your mental health, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Gestalt Therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is one of the most effective ways of treatment. It empowers you to change the way you think, feel and behave towards a particular activity – giving you an opportunity to control your behaviours.
Gestalt therapy is a form of psychotherapy which emphasises personal responsibility. Its goal is to teach patients to become aware of significant sensations within themselves and their environment so that they respond fully and reasonably to situations such as potential triggers.
Multiple studies have shown the effectiveness of CBT treatment, reporting consistent improvements in depression and anxiety symptoms, and the benefits that Gestalt therapy brings to patients suffering from various conditions, including addictions. The practical learning experiences help one develop the ability to act with awareness and intention, to respond to challenges with more confidence and ease, and to create profound and positive changes.
Furthermore, studies have also shown effectiveness in the use of chatbots and conversational AI-based features, helping people improve their mental health and showing the ability to create a therapeutic bond with users.
Scientific articles backing these claims:
(1) Marciniak, Shanahan, Rohde, Schulz, Wackerhagen, Kobylińska, Tuescher, Binder, Walter, Kalisch, Kleim. “Standalone Smartphone Cognitive Behavioral Therapy–Based Ecological Momentary Interventions to Increase Mental Health: Narrative Review“. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2020; 8(11): e19836 DOI: 10.2196/19836
(2) Darragh McCashin, David Coyle, Gary O’Reilly. “Qualitative Synthesis of Young People’s Experiences With Technology-Assisted Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Systematic Review“. J Med Internet Res 2019; 21(11): e13540 DOI: 10.2196/13540
(3) Matzko, Helga M. Gennant, and Helga M. Gennant Matzko. “A Gestalt Therapy Treatment Approach for Addictions: ‘Multiphasic Transformation Process.’” Gestalt Review, vol. 1, no. 1, 1997, pp. 34–55. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/44394010.
(4). Alison Darcy, Jade Daniels, David Salinger, Paul Wicks, Athena Robinson. “Evidence of Human-Level Bonds Established With a Digital Conversational Agent: Cross-sectional, Retrospective Observational Study”. JMIR Form Res 2021; 5(5): e27868 DOI: 10.2196/27868
All the information available on the app has been provided by qualified professionals.
Content provided by psychologists, before being published on the app, undergoes an internal review process to ensure that the information meet both our professional and readability quality standards.
The process is as follows:
- Psychologist submits content
- Clinical Safety Officer reviews professional validity of information
- Content Manager reviews readability and writing style
- Content gets published into the app
You can buy our psycho-educational courses either in the app, or on our online shop on this website: buy a courses.
If you buy it on the app, your course will unlock immediately after completing the payment.
If you buy it on the website, after completing the payment you will receive an email containing a promo code and instructions on how to activate your course.
Once you have your promo code, here’s how to activate your course.
If you have iOS/iPhone:
– Go to: coupon.mindspa.me
– Log into your account
– Enter the given code
– Open the app
If you have Android phone:
– Open the Mindspa app
– Click on “More” from the menu bar
– Click on “Promo Code“
– Click on “Add New”
– Enter the given code
The course will then unlock and you can start following the lessons. One new lesson will unlock each day, for the whole duration of the course.
Don’t worry if you skip a day, the lessons will remain available waiting for you.
Mindspa is still fairly new and thus it’s too early to have statistically significant data. We hope to gather more feedbacks and to share them by the end of 2021. We also encourage researchers and institutions to conduct independent reviews.
However, based on surveys among our users, Mindspa has extremely high approval ratings:
- 96% of responders find our Articles useful;
- 86% of responders use the Diary regularly;
- 71% of responders use Psychosutra, and 97% of them said it helps them to feel better;
- 94% of those attending any course, said it helped their condition;
- 99% found the course assignments to be valuable;
- 80% of those who didn’t attend a course, said it was due to economic reasons;
- 47% of responders used the Emergency chatbot in a moment of crisis, and 93% of them said it helped them to calm down.
Also, 99% of the responders said they would suggest our app to a friend.
We strongly encourage you to share feedbacks and reviews. They will help us improve the application, as well as serve as a reference for others. You can do so by sharing a review on the App Store and Google Play.
If you have any suggestions to improve the application, you can also write us at contact[at]mindspa.me.
You can turn off notifications directly from the Mindspa app, disabling the option under the Setting items.
You can also follow the below options, as per Android Support guidelines.
Option 1: In your settings app
- Open your phone’s settings app.
- Tap Apps and notifications > Notifications.
- Under ‘Recently sent’, find apps that recently sent you notifications.
- To find more apps, tap See all.
- Tap Advanced.
- You can turn off all notifications for a listed app.
- To pick specific categories of notifications, tap the app’s name.
Tip: If you don’t see ‘Recently sent’, you’re using an older Android version. Instead, tap App notifications and tap an app. You can turn notifications, notification dots and notification categories on or off. If an app has categories, you can tap a category for more options.
Option 2: On a notification
- To find your notifications, from the top of your phone screen, swipe down.
- Touch and hold the notification, and then tap settings
- Choose your settings:
- To turn off all notifications, tap Notifications off.
- Turn on or off notifications that you want to receive.
- To allow notification dots, tap Advanced, then turn them on.
If you wish to have further information in managing notification on your Android devices, then we recommend for you to visit this website:
If you suspect other people might access your Mindspa account, you can reset the login details by changing email and password from the options available the app.
For an extra layer of protection:
- make sure to use a password which is unique for the Mindspa account
- make sure to logout after each session and/or activity on the app
This way, even if your phone is accessed or unlocked without authorisation, your Mindspa account will remain secured.
You can reach our Technical Support at any time by either email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply by using the Contact Form within the app or on the website.
Our support team is available 24/7. The average response time is currently below 2 hours, though during night hours and weekends it might take a bit longer for the team to reply. We guarantee a response time under 24 hours.
Our aim is to resolve your issue as soon as possible. As each issue will be unique, we plan on giving you a timescale for resolving the issue once we have identified the technical issue. We are also committed to eradicate reported bugs and faults that might arise with continuous developments and future app releases.