Lately, people mention stress very often. Someone sneezes – “oh, you must be stressed“. Someone throws a tantrum – “listen, I think you are under stress“. Someone is crying – “my dear, this is all because of stress“. Etc., etc.
Some researchers define stress as a bodily response to the changing external circumstances and unfavorable environment. But in this case, any new event in our life can be viewed as a stressor.
In reality, a stressful situation is something beyond normal, more than usual, more than I can bear… Be it in the area of family relations, or in the area of work. It may happen because you are overloaded with responsibilities, or you don’t have money, or you are not able to take proper rest, or there are some hardships in your life.
Today, we are going to offer you a few effective exercises, that will help you regain your balance.
- Exercise “Releasing Tension”
- Freeze right now, whatever you are doing. Do not move.
- Pay attention to your body and how you feel it.
- What is going on with your shoulders? Can you lower them? If yes, it means that your muscles were working for no good reason in order to keep the shoulders raised. Relax your shoulders.
- What is going on with your forearms? Can you relax them? If yes, then they were unnecessary tense.
- Pay attention to your pose. Does this pose look like you are about to start some activity? If yes, then the muscles that keep this pose are probably tense for no good reason. Relax them.
- Similarly, check the muscles of your stomach, buttocks, thighs, and calves. Perhaps, they are also tense without any reason. If yes, then relax them.
- Now move on to your forehead. If your forehead is tense – relax it.
- Feel how all your muscles get relaxed.
- Exercise “Stability”
Sometimes, during stress, we are thrown off-balance and we are not able to find internal steadiness.
This exercise, first and foremost, works on your brain. It restores the natural balance between all the organs and systems of your body, thus improving your health. It allows you to feel more confident as if strengthening the core of your body. It will help you to restore your equilibrium and peacefulness.
- Take your shoes off. Stand on a flat surface. Close your eyes. Arms down.
- Lift one leg, as shown in the picture. Try to keep your balance.
- Remain in this pose for 1-2 minutes. Switch the leg.
You should keep your eyes closed. Continue practicing. With time. you should be able to stand like this for 5-10 minutes.
If you feel that you need more help with working on your stress, join our “Antistress” course. You can find it under the menu item “Courses”, in the Mindspa app.